We deliver this support service of early intervention and support to families with children up to the age of 16 ensuring access to specialist services where needed.
Ensuring that services are integrated and targeted at families who are considered to be vulnerable and/or at risk of negative outcomes, or not achieving developmental milestones.
WPA Early Intervention & Parent Workers carry out the following:
- Work with vulnerable and/or at risk families in the home, school and other settings, to provide advice/support and practical help that will develop resilience and protective factors
- Where identified, use the Early Help Assessment Framework to access additional support for families
- Participate in Team around the Family as required and work with the family and other agencies involved with them to provide an integrated service
- To be Lead Professional where this is appropriate for the family and service
- Work one to one with families, identify needs and facilitate the families' access to appropriate support/services. Where necessary, to accompany families to enable access to appropriate support/services, setting targets and measuring outcomes
- Maintain paper and electronic records of work and assessments
- To write reports as necessary for social care referrals and legal planning proceedings
- Ensure the safeguarding of children at all times
Our staff has the following experience to carry out this difficult and at times emotionally challenging role:
- Significant experience in working with families and children in a different role
- Experience in the Early Years/Social Care field
- Experience of working with families who are excluded or from hard to reach groups
- Experience of working with or in community and voluntary sector organisations
- Understanding of the needs of children and families from hard to reach or excluded groups
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of services available to support children and families and how to access them
For further details and a free consultation please contact us on0208 462 2716 / 01689 843322 or click here
"WPA started working with us over five years ago to improve our school's attendance. Prior to WPA, the service we had been receiving did not meet our school's needs.
WPA has been a breath of fresh air. The ethos of the company and staff alike mirror those of our school. We have worked very closely to improve the school attendance. The staff are reliable, professional and able to advise the school on all legal aspects surrounding attendance.
Our attendance has increased especially our persistent non-attenders and term time holiday takers. This was something we had previously struggled with. We would highly recommend WPA."
Kingsley Primary School
View more of our testimonials from satisfied clients